Sizzlin

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

checkin' in

So, here's the update on the job. They like me. my references check out. They're STILL waiting for my background check to come back. Once they verify that I'm not a criminal, they told me that they will offer me the job. Essentially, i have a job now, but the worry wart in me doesn't feel like i can celebrate it just yet. I'm very excited about it. It's a normal 9-5 job working with old people. Helping them do things like filling out applications for benefits, finding housing, medical care...whatever they need. I think i'll be good at this one too. I like to advocate for people and help them get what they need. Old people rock! I'm gonna bust though from all of this waiting!! It's so frustrating! I just want to know that i have the job and have an actual start date lined up. I know it's coming, so i just need to chill. Honestly, I've gotten this job (if i indeed actually have it) in record time. I've only been out of work for 2.5 weeks so far. that's pretty good. keep me in your prayers though.

new things i've tried in the last 2.5 weeks:
making stew (yummy!)
making real pie (french silk): it tasted like brownie mix in pie crust (Pretty good!)
cooking a whole chicken and stuffing it!!: that's on deck for tonight. i think it might be a little gross. Big guns says i have to rub it with butter. eeew!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home