Sizzlin

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's super official now!

I'm employed for real! I even have a start date of December 27! It's such a relief. Big Guns and I were suffering from a brief episode of anxiety yesterday and this morning waiting to hear something official. I'm looking forward to having a real job i can sink my teeth into:)
Speaking of sinking my teeth into something, I've been hard at work making christmas cookies, and I have to say I've impressed myself. They're really good. I made frosted sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies made a secret way, and spritz cookies using my cookie gun...They just melt in your mouth. If you see me over the holidays, you just might be lucky enough to have some:)
I'm still christmas shopping. I figure I'm about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way done. I' m running behind this year. oh well, what can i do?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I am very impressed with all of your cookie baking! When Eben was about 2, we cooked through the "12 Days of Cookies". That was a lot of fun--tried some new recipes--some were great, some were not so great. One recipe I really liked was a pretty simple "thumbprint" cookie, but instead of putting some jam in the thumbprint "well", you put in a dollop of canned chocolate frosting. Man! They were good. This year, I haven't made much of anything. Caleb has done some of those pre-cut shape sheet thingies from the grocery store. While Caleb has fun making them, they end up in the trash. They just aren't that great. I did try a new mix from Eagle-Brand Condensed Milk. They're called "Turtle" somethings. They are like a graham cracker crust, with a chocolate fudge middle, then caramel, then pecans. They're good too. I think I may dig out my own cookie gun, though. You've inspired me!

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home