Sizzlin

Friday, June 16, 2006

My first MI-5

These questions were created by my cousin Lisa.

1) If you could only have one type of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I love Cheerios. I could eat them every morning I think. I don't care for the sweet stuff.

2) If you could only have one type of ice cream for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This is a hard one. I love ice cream of any kind. Most recently, in Key West I enjoyed coconut and chocolate ice cream on a waffle cone from the Flamingo Crossing. They make it themselves, and it was delightful. Usually, I go for chocolate chip or mint chocolate chip. I also like M&M McFlurries from McDonalds, and a highlight of any trip to Bonanza was the ice cream at the end of the meal. I would choose the chocolate and vanilla mixture and then put caramel and chocolate sauce on top. I also remember going to Carvel's in New York with my dad. He swears it's the best ice cream on the planet. I'm not so sure about that, but I won't take that argument up with him:) I would always get softserve vanillla or chocolate with rainbow sprinkles. I also remember having a thing for toffee bar crunch ice cream at Miss Plum's in Camden after a trip to swim at Megunicook Lake. Did I mention I love ice cream?

3) If you could cook pototatoes only one way for the rest of your life, how would you cook them?
Honestly, I would microwave them. My grandmother is proud of anything and everything I do, but, she hasn't been able to hide her concern at the state of my culinary skills or possible lack thereof. I'm not much of a hand for cooking. Though my grandmother has tried to reassure Big Guns that I can do it if I try. I imagine she's right. I'm just impatient with it sometimes. Lucky for me, Big Guns is a wonderful cook. He's always fixing up some new delicious dish for our dinner. Back to the question though. I don't have strong feelings about potato. I liked it mashed, baked or boiled, or even fried, but I can take it or leave it. I don't usually crave it.

4) If you could have only one type of pizza for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I love the Margherita Pizza from Bertucci's. It is a thin crust with tomato sauce, basil, and slices of mozzerella on the top. Jen introduced me to it when we were apartment hunting down here. I'm forever in her debt:) I would be disowned by my father and brother if I didn't mention Sal's pizza from New York. Truthfully I'm a fan of it too, but since it is so far away, I am rarely able to indulge. That's probably a good thing though. I love the ciscillian cheese pizza there. It comes in thick cheesy rectangles with little plastic things on the top that look like Barbie tables to keep the cheese from sticking to the box.

5) If you could have only one type of tv dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Having lived the student life for quite a while, I have sampled many. My favorite was Michelina's Fettucini Alfredo. It was only 99 cents and it tasted good, especially on a cold day.

Lisa, you are making me very hungry with these questions!

3 Comments:

Blogger sizzle said...

I will just do it on the side. I have a feeling I might be a bit of a slacker some weeks but if they catch my eye, I'll go ahead and answer for now.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I remember that your parents used to bring back a slice of that pizza for us when they went to New York. It would be wrapped in tin foil, and was oh so good. I think about that pizza all the time, actually. I've never found anything quite like it.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1. Cereal? I guess right now it would be Frosted Cheerios, though I also like Frosted Mini-Wheats (Post) and good old oatmeal with brown sugar. This does change from time to time as I grow bored with one.
2. Ice Cream? Maple Walnut with big chunks of nuts in it, like Miss Plum's. Second would be Toffee Bar Crunch, followed by 1/2 & 1/2 soft serve from Dorman's.
3. Potato? Potato has to be the most boring food in existence second to Tofu. Since Ma views it as a necessary part of any meal, I have eaten more potato in my life than the entire country of Ireland, before and after the Great Potato Famine! Give me some rice any time!
4. Pizza? First, Sal's Sicilian. Second, Snappy's with hamburg, tomatoes, green peppers, and onions.
5. TV dinner? Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese. A steady diet of it will probably kill you, but now and then it's okay, and it's sooo good!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home