Sizzlin

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Caffeine withdrawal :(

I decided that it was time for me to give up coffee...AGAIN! I don't want to have to hunt down a cup of coffee every morning while we are on vacation, though I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find. Hot weather and coffee just don't mix for me. I gave it up earlier this spring, but fell off the wagon during the last push of the semester when I was running low on steam. I"m also thinking cutting coffee out of my diet will cut down on the amount of time it takes me to get ready for work in the mornings. As a soon-to-be working woman, it's a luxury I just can't afford:) I can just wash and go:) Yesterday was my first day without it, and it went surprisingly well. Then this morning it hit me. At about 3 am, i woke up with a headache, and when we got up at 5am to go to the gym, I had NO energy. I couldn't even make myself run, so i just did the elliptical trainer for a little while and that took some effort. Then this morning, I already had to take a little nap. I think I slept from 8:45-9:45. I still have a nagging little headache too:( poor me:( It'll teach me to fool around with addictive substances:) I'm waiting until after lunch to begin my errands because yesterday I was out all day and got so engrossed in my shopping trip that I forgot to eat lunch. By dinner time I was starving, and I was still starving this morning! I can't believe we're going on vacation the day after tomorrow! woohoo! It looks like we're staying at a really cool place right on the beach. I can't wait:) Tonight we're meeting Jen and Joe for dinner. We're going to Bugaboo Creek.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is not your first time giving up coffee. You know better than give it up all at once! 1/2 and 1/2 is much better for a few days...and what about not eating...that too is not new. Shame on you! Do I have to come down there? Do we need to move up the Portland thing, so that you have time to get back for dinner?

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home