Sizzlin

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wedding plans!

Big Guns and I are hard at work making wedding plans. This week we are trying to nail down our invitations. We both have our favorites, but I thought it would be neat to see what ones you guys picked. Check out this link and then let me know which ones you would choose.
Big Guns is much less concerned about wedding colors than I am. I have a bunch of colors that I think would be pretty, but I can't choose yet. I'm thinking pink, light green, light purple, yellow, sky blue, turqoise, peachy-orange....and there's probably a few others that I've lost track of. I thought maybe I'd go bridesmaid dress shopping first, and see which dresses we liked best. There are some dresses down here near where I live that I just love, but i need to shop around for a while first and get some second opinions and have people try things on. So much to do!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

OK--here's my take on wedding invitations. Personally, I think that the wedding invitation is the first "taste" that guests will get as to how formal/informal the wedding will be, if it will be whimsical or elegant, etc. For myself, I also like at least a splash of color on the invitation that matches with the general wedding color themes. That said, and knowing only that your wedding will be outdoors, my first pick would be "Colors of Spring". I also like Floral Shimmer, Rare Blue Roses, and Satin Calla Lilies. I also like Dazzling Stars, but I'm thinking that might be better for an evening wedding. If the invitations were going to be for my wedding to Dwane, I would probably pick Love Never Fails, Christian Love, Biblical Union, Symbols of Love and Holy Union, or Biblical Romance. For Dwane and I, our faith was (and is) very important in our relationship, so those invitations would really "fit" us. I'm sure that whatever you pick will be great. Don't stress over it, though. Usually, there's one invitation that just "jumps out at you" and makes a good "first impression". Generally speaking, I'd just go with that one, and don't try to second guess what everybody else might think.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home